By Hedra Labs, July 4, 2023
SAO Network, powered by Hedra Labs, is a secure and decentralized storage infrastructure for Web3 based on Cosmos SDK and IPFS protocol. With the continuous maturation of the decentralized storage infrastructure, SAO Network has made great progress on both technical development and business development in the past three months.
🎉 News Feed
- Early in this quarter, SAO Network made a presentation at the Web3Port BootCamp Demo Day.
- On April 28th, SAO Network co-hosted the Web3 Power Gathering VIP Dinner at Consensus 2023 with Web3Port, HashKey Capital and KuCoin Ventures etc. Meanwhile, the CEO Blake Simpson and CMO, Ethan, were interviewed by CoindeskKorea at Consensus 2023.
- In Q2, 2023, SAO Network has reached strategic partnership with IRIS Network, Alibaba Cloud, and Tencent Cloud.
- SAO Network launched its community NFT, SAO Coon, which have gained high popularity in the community.
- Early in June, Seoul, SAO Network has successfully held its first booth at “Bridge the Hurdle”, a side event of ETH Seoul.
- Late in June, SAO Network launched Beta Network, a forerunner of the mainnet.
SAO has successfully released its Beta network on June 29. All data stored on the Beta network will eventually migrate to the mainnet. This means that Beta users will experience the full functionality of the network, as their data will be persistently stored on the mainnet.
- Data Availability. All data stored on the Beta network will eventually migrate to the mainnet. This means that Beta users will experience the full functionality of the network, as their data will be persistently stored on the mainnet. In contrast, the testnet is used for experiment and testing only.
- SAO SDKs. Beta Network offers a range of SDKs (software development kits) for developers to build their applications based on SAO Network and utilize the available toolings or solutions including SID(SAO DID), APIs and models through SAO SDKs.
- Pre-defined Data Model. Some predefined data models will save developers a lot of effort in structuring and managing dApp data. For instance, the data models of Storverse, a demo dApp based on SAO Network developed by the team, is now open-source and available for all the developers to use to build their own dApps.
- New Explorer:
📰 Media Exposure
- [Consensus 2023] SAO Network: “The core of Web3 is data ownership in decentralized networks”
2. Alibaba Cloud Partnership
3. Tencent Cloud Partnership
4. SAO Network Makes a Splash at ETH Seoul’s “Bridge the Hurdles” Event, Garnering Global Attention
5. SAO Network Releases Beta Net
- Twitter: 5595 followers
- Telegram: 32010 members
- Discord: 8789 members
- Medium: 104 followers
In the past three months, we have successfully conducted interesting and rewarding community events as follows,
- “COMPETE FOR YOUR VALIDATORS” on Twitter.
- “ AMA Giveaway” co-hosted with Cosmos Allday on Twitter space.
- “SAO Coon Giveaway” on Twitter&Discord&Telegram.
- “SAO Network & DeFine Badge Event” on Twitter.
- “SAO Credit Airdrop” on Discord.
- “SAO Credit Program” on Discord/Twitter/Telegram.
- Community Referral Campaigns
- Storage Provider Incentive Program
- “AMA Giveaway” with Cosmos Daily on Twitter.
Q1: How to run a node on the Beta network?
A: Please check for the tutorial here: https://docs.sao.network/run-nodes-in-sao-beta-network.
Q2: What is SAO Credit?
A: SAO Credit is a way of payment for data services(storage, searching, renewal etc.) on the Beta network. The Beta network uses SAO Credits instead of test tokens for payment and staking on the network.
Q3: How can I join the Beta network?
A: At the present, it is not available for all public users to run nodes or use data services on the Beta Network. Only those active participants in the testnet will be granted to the Beta network.
Q4: How to get SAO Credits?
A: There will be giveaway events in the near future for other community members to get SAO Credits to access the Beta network.
📢 The SAO mainnet is not far behind! Stay tuned and become a SAO follower!
About SAO Network
SAO Network is a decentralized storage infrastructure for Web3. It provides a dStorage protocol based on Cosmos SDK and IPFS to increase adoption of Web3 data storage and facilitate ecosystem applications.
Hedra Labs is the core developer team behind SAO Network and Storverse. It was established in Singapore in 2021 as a blockchain-focused R&D taskforce, composed of industry pioneers, senior architects, and developers from both fintech and blockchain fields. The team is dedicated to the development and evolution of Web3 and dStorage networks. Its ultimate goal is to provide a solid and comprehensive dStorage platform based on SAO Network for Web3 applications, making it secure, easy, and intuitive for users to own and manage their data.