By Hedra Labs, Oct 1, 2023
SAO Network, developed by Hedra Labs, is a decentralized storage infrastructure for Web3. It offers a decentralized storage protocol with privacy-preserving computation to ensure user’s data self-sovereignty and facilitate the mass adoption of Web3. After the launch of its mainnet, SAO Network has been marching in full swing. The past three months has witnessed SAO Network’s significant steps forward and meaningful milestones.
🎉 News Feed
- Early in July, Chase Wang, CTO of SAO Network, was invited to give a lecture on Cosmos SDK Developer Academy held by Cosmos Hong Kong Accelerator, which is co-organized by IBCL, BianjieGlobal and HashKey Capital etc.
- In July, SAO Network was invited to showcase at Cosmos Meetup in Shenzhen, strengthening its connection with the Cosmos Chinese community.
- On August 4th, SAO Network Team participated in the Hackathon of the “Seoul Web 3.0 Festival 2023” (SWF2023), which was officially held by the Seoul Metropolitan Government.
- On August 17th, SAO Network announced the release of the Amazon S3 Compatible API, which provides a library of APIs and services for simpler use of data services on the SAO Network.
- In August, SAO Network reset SAO Faucet for users to claim SAO credits to experience SAO Network and its ecosystem.
- On September 1, SAO Network launched the upgraded version of Storverse, a social dApp where users can connect with each other, follow their favorite creators, and share their favorite content to their friends, etc.
- On September 4th, SAO Network was invited to the panel discussion of BUILDing With Chainlink Meetup in Seoul during Korea Blockchain Week to discuss Chainlink’s newest protocol, CCIP, and how it can be integrated to other projects.
- On September 5th, SAO Network launched a dStorage platform, SAO Console, for applications and end users to store their data with one-click uploading. Try it at https://console.sao.network/.
- In September, SAO Network has successfully joined the Amazon Web Services Activate Program to leverage AWS’s cloud-based infrastructure and services to provide its clients with secure and scalable storage solutions and Web3 data services.
- On September 25th, SAO Network officially became one of the projects in Chainlink BUILD Program to be a crucial infrastructure part of Chainlink ecosystem. SAO Network Joins Chainlink BUILD.
- SAO Network announced the release of the Amazon S3 Compatible API, which provides a library of APIs and services for simpler use of data services on the SAO Network. As many applications rely on Amazon S3 to store their structured data, SAO Network has developed an Amazon S3 Compatible API to enable a smooth transition from Web2 to Web3.
- SAO Network launched a dStorage platform, SAO Console, for applications and end users to store their data with one-click uploading. Try it at https://console.sao.network/.
- SAO Network launched the upgraded version of Storverse, adding social functions (users can connect with each other, follow their favorite creators, and share their favorite content to their friends).
- Compatibility. SAO Network has launched Amazon S3 compatible API support minio to improve SAO Network storage compatibility.
- SAO Faucet. SAO Network reset SAO Faucet for users to claim SAO Credits to experience SAO Network and its ecosystem.
- SDK Renewal
- SAO Network has launched upgraded Storverse and involved community members in experiencing the application.
- Through Storverse, SAO Network has launched Storverse social graph, a new data model for developers to integrate when building new dApps.
- Golang / Java storage SDK
- SAO Network Upgrades
- Release Consensus testnet v0.1.7
- Release Consensus beta v0.1.8
- Release Storage Node v0.1.6
- Release Storage Node v0.1.7
📰 Media Exposure
- SAO Network Showcased at Cosmos Meetup Shenzhen
- S.A.O. Team Developed a Web3 Personal Card Product “X-Card” at SWF2023 Hackathon
- SAO Network Was Invited to the Panel Discussion of BUILDing With Chainlink Meetup
- SAO Network Joins AWS Activate Program
- SAO Network Joins Chainlink Build Program
- Twitter: 8675 followers
- Telegram: 29478 members
- Discord: 13560 members
- Medium: 128 followers
In the past three months, we have successfully conducted interesting and rewarding community events as follows,
- “CosmosATOMDaily & SAONetwork Partnership Giveaway” co-hosted with Cosmos Daily on Twitter.
- “ Discord Invite Contest” in discord.
- “SAO Network & CryptoTech DAO Free Airdrop Campaign” co-hosted with CryptoTech DAO on Twitter.
- “Post a Verse” on TaskOn.
- “Storverse USDT Extravaganza” on QuestN.
- “Supercharge Your Storverse Journey with XP Rewards” on Discord and TaksOn.
- “Best Verse” Campaign on Discord/Twitter/Telegram.
- “Most Active User” Campaign on Discord/Twitter/Telegram.
Q1: What is Storverse?
A: Storverse is a decentralized social platform built on SAO Network. The platform leverages blockchain technology and decentralized storage solution to offer a unique way for users to create, manage, and engage with content*.* Check details here: https://docs.sao.network/run-nodes-in-sao-beta-network.
Q2: How to get SAO Credits?
A: Please claim SAO Credits at https://faucet.sao.network/.
Q3: How to get Storverse role in Discord?
A: Please post a verse on Storverse and post the screenshot in #Storverse channel to get Storverse role in SAO discord.
Q4: What Can I Do on Storverse?
A: Users can connect with each other, follow their favorite creators, and share their favorite content to their friends etc. on Storverse. Explore more functions at: https://medium.com/@saonetwork/introducing-upgraded-storverse-8af3eeca8c5a.
📢 The Storverse Airdrop is not far behind! Stay tuned and become a SAO and Storverse follower!
About SAO Network
S.A.O. (Storage Autonomous Organization) is a decentralized self-sovereign data infrastructure for Web3. It’s based on SAO Network, a decentralized storage network with privacy-preserving computation to ensure user’s data self-sovereignty and facilitate Web3 mass adoption.
S.A.O. Team is the founding team of SAO Network and Storverse. It is powered by Hedra Labs, a R&D company founded in Singapore in 2021 and focused on Web3 infrastructure and toolings with a team of industry pioneers, senior architects and developers. The team is dedicated to the development and evolution of Web3 and dStorage networks. Its ultimate goal is to provide a solid and comprehensive dStorage platform based on SAO Network for Web3 applications, making it secure, easy, and intuitive for users to own and manage their data.